Position: Construction Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Dallas, Texas
Position Type: Full-time
As a Quality Assurance Technician at Blue Quality Services you’ll be responsible for following testing schedules, executing various quality assurance related tasks, and support project managers. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, interesting projects, receive the necessary training to forward your building performance testing knowledge and skills, and help to incorporate various building science principles and practices into the design and execution of building projects.
The successful candidate has a high school education or higher, relevant experience as a field technician in a related field, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work well with clients and other field technicians, the ability to work independently under general guidance and direction. Knowledge of building performance testing methods such as air barrier testing, diagnostic water testing, infrared thermography, and chamber testing is a plus but not required.
- Conduct regular visits to construction sites
- Perform testing services professionally and competently
- Complete field reports accurately and in a timely manner
- Work closely with builders and subcontractors, providing onsite technical assistance with testing
- Manage a team of consultants and other technicians to stay on contractor testing schedules
Expectation for business related travel
- High school education or higher
- Relevant experience as a field technician in a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work within a collaborative team
- Ability to work independently under general guidance and direction Expectation for business related travel
- Knowledge of Building Performance testing methods a plus
- Knowledge of waterproofing, construction methodology, defect and material troubleshooting, and/or building code and manufacturers’ specifications a plus
Compensation: Full time salary position (Negotiable, based on experience) plus benefits. This position requires business related travel.
* Prior to employment a background check and screening will be required.
Blue Quality Services is an equal opportunity employer and we are currently seeking candidates with various levels of education and experience. See all our open positions and direct all employment opportunities to email@example.com.