Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Houston, Texas (The Heights)
Position Type: Full-time
Are you looking for a dependable position, a professional environment, and a potential for growth? Blue Quality Services is seeking a Project Coordinator to provide coordination and support related to our construction-phase services, client interactions, and other project-centric tasks.
The position is for full time, normal 8 to 5 office hours. Daily tasks will include the communication with clients, coordination of field personnel schedules and activities, coordinating arrangements, reviewing and assembling report deliverables, project budget oversight, and face-to-face client interactions. This role is primarily an office position, but will require some travel to our primary project locations (Houston, Dallas, and Colorado) to visit job sites and corporate client offices.
The ideal candidate will be professional, organized, detail-oriented, and have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. We’re looking for an energetic, intelligent, highly motivated team member who is ready to hit the ground running.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within the project and administration teams and perform assigned tasks with little supervision
- Coordinate field personnel schedules and activities
- Coordinate travel for field personnel
- Ensure timeliness of all deliverables
- Review reports for grammar and formatting and issue reports to clients
- Report on current project status, additional services agreements, new projects, and deliverables in weekly project meetings
- Continuously track and manage project budgets and staffing needs
- Work with the sales team to identify project needs in selected regions
- Communicate regularly with clients regarding project status and/or changes
- Perform client check-ins at job site trailers and corporate offices to discuss project progress and upsell services
- Perform as-needed errands for project related supplies; i.e. drawings, testing supplies, etc.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintain CRM database, calendars, and company server folders for quality and completeness
To be successful, you’ll need to:
- Have previous office work experience–professional services or construction/engineering a plus
- Have a Customer Service attitude and demeanor
- Be able to work with little supervision and high motivation
- Present 5 professional references
- Be a high school graduate (minimum), college degree preferred
- Be a quick and continuous learner, always striving for improvement
- Be able to perform basic math functions such as calculating area and volume calculations
- Have strong organizational skills
- Be detail oriented with an ability to multitask
- Pass a qualifying criminal background and drug-screening test
Compensation for Full Time: Salary employee (negotiable, BOE) plus health coverage, 2 weeks of vacation a year, and holidays.
Our office is in the Heights; the hours for the position are 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Reliable transportation required. A criminal background check and drug screen will be performed prior to employment.
Please send a cover letter, describing why you would bring value to our team and your resume to:
Subject: “Project Coordinator”
Blue Quality Services is an architecture and engineering consulting firm that focuses on improving the performance of buildings. We’re expanding and hiring for the long term. Opportunities for growth are available to all of our staff. For more information about Blue Quality Services, please visit www.bluequalityservices.com/life-blue.
Position: Construction Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Dallas, Texas
Position Type: Full-time
As a Quality Assurance Technician at Blue Quality Services you’ll be responsible for following testing schedules, executing various quality assurance related tasks, and support project managers. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting, interesting projects, receive the necessary training to forward your building performance testing knowledge and skills, and help to incorporate various building science principles and practices into the design and execution of building projects.
The successful candidate has a high school education or higher, relevant experience as a field technician in a related field, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work well with clients and other field technicians, the ability to work independently under general guidance and direction. Knowledge of building performance testing methods such as air barrier testing, diagnostic water testing, infrared thermography, and chamber testing is a plus but not required.
- Conduct regular visits to construction sites
- Perform testing services professionally and competently
- Complete field reports accurately and in a timely manner
- Work closely with builders and subcontractors, providing onsite technical assistance with testing
- Manage a team of consultants and other technicians to stay on contractor testing schedules
Expectation for business related travel
- High school education or higher
- Relevant experience as a field technician in a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work within a collaborative team
- Ability to work independently under general guidance and direction Expectation for business related travel
- Knowledge of Building Performance testing methods a plus
- Knowledge of waterproofing, construction methodology, defect and material troubleshooting, and/or building code and manufacturers’ specifications a plus
Compensation: Full time salary position (Negotiable, based on experience) plus benefits. This position requires business related travel.
* Prior to employment a background check and screening will be required.
Blue Quality Services is an equal opportunity employer and we are currently seeking candidates with various levels of education and experience. See all our open positions and direct all employment opportunities to email@example.com.