Field Testing for Windows & Doors
Blue Quality Services performs a wide array of air and water field testing protocols for installed and pre-manufactured enclosure systems. Some of the most commonly tested building components during the construction phase are fenestration products—windows, doors, and curtain walls.
Field testing services is a quality control measure to ensure the installed system meet the specified performance requirements for air and water penetration resistance. Testing identifies systemic problems early and adds concrete, measurable data about product and subcontractor performance.
Many of the tests require our technicians to create custom chambers to vacuum air from the assembly while applying a uniform water spray across the exterior. This simulates rain driven weather events and helps our technicians find weak points in the installation. Some of the tests performed include:
- AAMA 501.2 – Quality assurance and diagnostic water leakage field check of installed storefronts, curtain walls, and sloped glazing systems.
- AAMA 502 – Field testing of newly installed fenestration products
- AAMA 503 – Field testing of storefronts, curtain walls, and sloped glazing systems
- ASTM E783 – Field measurement of air leakage through installed exterior window and doors
- ASTM E1105 – Field determination of water penetration of installed exterior windows, skylights, doors, and curtain walls
Each test performed receives a pass or fail result based on the testing protocol. Summary reports are given to the client immediately following the tests. If the assembly tested fails, our team will identify the cause of failure, provide repair recommendations, and retest failed assemblies after remediation to avoid systemic installation issues.